Total Pageviews


Welcome to Riverswind notes

I hope you will join in my adventures here in Humboldt County and elsewhere as I explore nature & people.



I welcome your comments.



All Photos are protected by copyright and cannot be used without permission.



Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Summer fishing on the East Fork

Well this is my first attempt at this so don't expect a book. I live on one of the last remainig wild rivers in the state of Washington. However, this time of the year the river is extremely low and temperatures are high. I don't fish on our property this time of the year although there are a few Summer Steelhead in the deeper pools. Today I chose to carve a fish out of Sugar Pine and stay cool in the shelter of my cave like shop. It will be a nice 15 inch Rainbow Trout when finished that will be donated most likely to the Columbia Land Trust for their annual auction.
They do great work buying land along the Columbia river and it's tributaries. The land is important natural riparian habitat which is saved from development. www.columbialandtrust.org Outside my shop I hear the adult Robins keeping track of their newly fledged young and Swainson's Thrushes whistling at each other. It's great to be alive!

No comments: